The Offshore Group’s La Angostura Manufacturing Community in Saltillo, Coahuila, recently played host to executives from six North American manufacturing companies in the automotive industry who are considering expanding into Mexico. The Automotive Manufacturing Mission to Mexico was a four day event (April 21-24, 2015) that included conferences, plant visits, round tables, cultural experiences and cost estimation workshops.
The conferences covered the following topics:
- Ana Paulina González, Pro México: Mexico and The Automotive Industry
- Hernan González, CYDSA: The Business Climate in Mexico
- Guillermo Resendez, Scotiabank: Financing for Mexico
- Hector Reyes-Freaner, Baker & McKenzie: Legal Framework and Taxation
- Carrie Osman, Cacheaux, Cavazos and Newton: Benefits of Investing in Mexico
- Vincent Guglielmo, APMA: Mexico and Canada – A Continental Partnership
The executives who attended had the opportunity to tour the following plants and hear from the plant managers: General Motors, CBC Connect, Cooper Standard, Liberty Steel, Neapco, Powerbrace and TitanX. The attending executives expressed their satisfaction with the program’s structure, duration and content. They left Saltillo with knowledge, resources, experiences and contacts that will help them further their due diligence and make data-driven decisions about manufacturing in Mexico.
The Automotive Manufacturing Mission to Mexico was a success and by popular demand, The Offshore Group will host a second Automotive Manufacturing Mission to Mexico in the fall of this year.
Contact us at Info@OffshoreGroup.com for more information.